Here is a look at the key points from his speech —
- This is a time for festivals but at the same time, there is also a sense of discipline among people due to the COVID-19 situation.
- We have seen unprecedented restraint, simplicity in our festivals during Covid times.
- Onam festival also being celebrated with gaiety and fervour. The zest of Onam today has reached distant shores of foreign lands. Be it America, Europe or Gulf countries, the verve of Onam can be felt everywhere. Onam is increasingly turning out to be an international festival.
- What our farmers have achieved in the testing times of Corona is noteworthy.
- Developing toy clusters in India to make our nation a toy hub.
- India is known as a land of innovators.
- Dear countrymen, everyone acknowledges capability of Indians to offer innovation, solutions, when there is dedication and sensitivity, this power becomes limitless. At the beginning of this month an app innovation challenge was put before youth of country.
- In this era of computers and smartphones, there is a big trend of computer games. These games are played by children and grownups as well. But even in these games, their themes are mostly extraneous
Earlier on August 18, Prime Minister Modi had asked people to share their inputs and ideas for the 68th edition of his monthly radio programme ‘Mann ki Baat’.
Speaking at the 67th edition of ‘Mann Ki Baat’, which coincided with the 21st anniversary of ‘Kargil Vijay Diwas’, Prime Minister Modi had criticised Pakistan and said it undertook the misadventure with sinister plans to capture India’s land and to divert its ongoing internal conflicts.